From Kufri to Chail
Continuing from my last post about Kufri , I will now take you to Chail which happened to be quite an interesting place. Full of tall Deodar trees & monkeys ;-) What is Chail? Chail is a hill-station situated around 44 KMs from Shimla. Places of interest? Chail Palace : - It used to be the summer residence of Maharaja of Patiala but has now been turned into a hotel. Having seen the Royal Palace of Amsterdam (which has been termed eighth wonder of the world), I found the palace a bit dull. Its not that grand & massive if I compare it with the one in Amsterdam. But if I overlook that, Chail Palace indeed looks beautiful from inside. There is an entrance ticket of 100 Rupees per adult, which I found odd. The palace is already running a business in form of a hotel & people already pay various taxes directly or indirectly whenever they come to Shimla. Fun fact - A particular scene of the movie 3 Idiots was shot here. There are some beautiful chandeliers ins...

Comments
Post a Comment